:: [DNG] Phrase: was Forums: was I hav…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Phrase: was Forums: was I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0000
Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@???> wrote:

> As Jaromil once wrote in reply to me (and neither am I native English
> speaker, so the English won't be so polished... and of course, I have
> to paraphrase it, can't remember the exact words, that was two years
> ago or so): Let the water run over it... God, I can't remember
> better... but it was somehing like, may all the bad feelings be swept
> away like by some mighty river... That was the meaning, as I
> understood it.

The phrase is "let it roll off like water off a duck's back."

My first boss in my first programming job told me that a lot of people
I'd be working for would be personally abusive, it's part of the job,
and I should let it roll off like water off a duck's back.

I'm lucky he warned me, because he was right: They were personally
abusive. And I did what he said, and life was good.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2017 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz