:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: Rick Moen
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On 170712-07:19-0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Miroslav Rovis (miro.rovis@???):
>
> > Now it's sorted right, I hope:
> > OpenRC installation in Devuan Ascii
> > https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1128#p328
> >
> > And I also edited:
> > ( same topic )
> > https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1128#p3249
> > because it is linked from:
> > https://linuxmafia.com/faq/Debian/openrc-conversion.html
> > to avoid both any confusion for potential OpenRC Devuan users, and send them,
> > in this interim period that it is needed, to the download page, and point them
> > to where to (likely) look for news about OpenRC.
>
> I hope I've not created confusion, in linking to pages at dev1galaxy.org
> that describe how to deal with the interim situation (while Devuan's
> support for OpenRC is tentative and requires some attention).

No, it's my fault. Of all the somewhat disparate and incomplete, and above all
scattered, information, I forwent Adam Borowski's repo, because right then zap
had kindly sent me the packages...

It's good that you linked to it. May need testing. And is good advice to
GNU/Linux users to try it. And because it might turn out just great tool in the
hands of our camp: the non-poetterware, non-lendows, no systemDestruction pure
time-honored u*nix GNU/Linux camp. With OpenRC, they can't say anything is
obsolete, antiquated, overly complex, non-developed... I will shine in
comparison to systemd. And users will like it.

> To explain: I recently added text and links because I felt mildly guilty
> over possibly having overpraised the OpenRC package in Debian Jessie; I
> vaguely recalled seeing posts here a year ago pointing to its deficiencies
> relative to Gentoo/Funtoo's upstream version -- so I went hunting in the
> archives to find those remarks, and in the process came across more material
> about Ascii's package and the need to currently supply a locally rebuilt
> util-linux to make it work (and added coverage of that).

Look, that page of yours
> > https://linuxmafia.com/faq/Debian/openrc-conversion.html

is great, I spent hours this morning. How do you think I would have noticed you
linked to Dev1Galaxy OpenRC topic that I started?... It's not obvious, no
dev1galaxy string verbatim to be found, only in the HTML source.

> Perhaps in a few months, I can simplify my page's coverage after Ascii's
> implementation gets settled in. Meanwile, if you can suggest
> improvements, I'd be delighted to make them.

No, I believe other readers will find it useful too. It already is just fine.

But it's a starting poing, a reference point. She or he who does not shirk from
work, can learn a lot by following your links... And it's hours upon hours if
one delves into it. And then only your own passages shine clearer light to the
mind... I had only a few hours this morning...

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia