:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On 170711-09:13-0400, zap wrote:

> On 07/11/2017 06:01 AM, Svante Signell wrote:

> >> Svante, I got packages from zap. zap, I got your email, it's just the
> >> Lurker
> >> that is limited to 40k (which means you can only send some 30k
> >> (because mail
> >> encodes in base64) in one email
> > As written by later mails on this thread, the email limit should stay
> > as it is. Larger files should be uploaded and hosted somewhere to
> > download.
> >
> >> ...but I got them:
> >>
> >> $ ls -ltr sysvinit-utils_2.88dsf-59.9_amd64.deb \
> > This one is not OK, see below. This is the Debian (unpatched version)

> > No, the sysvinit packages you need are 2.88dsf-59.9+devuan2 and you get
> > them by adding to sources.list: (+ apt-get update)
> > sysvinit-core
> > sysvinit-utils
> > initscripts
> > bootlogd (optional)
> My bad, I forgot a few important packages to mention... xD

The bootlogd is only suggested.

Ah, first thing to say is: I've successfully installed and rebooted a couple of
times each: my clone (which I use also for testing, and which is the only that
sees ever any internet), and my master Air-Gap system.

And maybe the second thing to say is. If anyone needs the packages that
(
if those are, and I think they are; they worked for me
)
are needed to install OpenRC, get them at:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170711.035614.33ea6395.en.html
They are also hashed by me in my email in this very thread that we are writing
our discussions about OpenRC --under bad subject, but it's really too late now
to correct that-- I think its previous mail of mine that I sent, or whatever,
my Palemoon still crashes unpredictably, and can't open huge threads, and that
one is a huge thread where this new discussion belongs to...

The instructions how to get the packages are:
OpenRC installation in Devuan Ascii
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1128#p3286

And of course, you can also get them directly:
https://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/Devuan-OpenRC/

Pls., guys, I think all went correctly, but I think I should leave the report
there, at:
( same topic as linked a few lines up )
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1128

and not repeat it here...

> >> sysvinit-utils_2.88dsf-59.9_amd64.deb is what I got from zap (see
> >> above)
> > You should apt-get download sysvinit-utils and then (as I wrote to zap)
> > (version 2.88dsf-59.9+devuan2, not 2.88dsf-59.9):

> > dpkg -i libfdisk1_2.29.2-1+devuan1_i386.deb util-linux_2.29.2-1+devuan1_i386.deb sysvinit-utils_2.88dsf-59.9+devuan2_i386.deb
> >
> > (in one line, the mailer might wrap)
> >
> > Then you can apt-get install -s openrc and only sysvinit-rc will be
> > removed in addition to libeinfo1 librc1 openrc (0.23-1+b1) being
> > installed.

Thanks Svante, thanks zap, thanks also Rick Moen (I even mentioned you in that
Dev1Galaxy topic linked above when I saw full shouting at me that ugly message
that you wrote about), and Adam Borowski...

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia