:: Re: [devuan-dev] Pending: Things ne…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Pending: Things needed doing
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017, Ivan J. wrote:

> He (and presumably others within our happy circle) would need root
> access on the infrastructure, including the jenkins server and
> others. Not only for jenkins setup, but for further Devuan
> development which could have moved a lot faster if this was the
> case.

Considering this request comes from well aware developers who already
have access to Devuan's vital infrastructure, I see no problem in
granting root to both Ivan and Katolaz for the tasks requested.

As per Dyne.org standard practices, we can grant root access per task
and revoke it once the task is done. In case of Devuan, the request
should be vetted by Daniel, Nextime and me. This is IMHO the cleanest
and quickest way to proceed in these situations and so far it has
caused no tension.

Daniel has expressed an opinion about not granting root for the rsync
mirror and will detail an alternative solution to be evaluated here.
Daniel: I'm keen to evaluate your alternative proposal, but please
refrain from ad-personam attacks: I think it is very aggressive and
incorrect of you to mention that "I have revoked 16 IPs", since this
decision it was discussed in our last meeting and they costed too
much. We can certainly adopt alternative solutions and we are
currently waiting for 3 sponsors to follow up on their promise to
privide us with hosting space.

ciao