:: Re: [DNG] You know, isn't ascii bei…
Author: Rowland Penny
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] You know, isn't ascii being more stable ironic to anyone?
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 00:29:51 +0200
Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:35:27PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:17:40 -0500 golinux@??? wrote:
> >
> > > ascii,samba-libs
> >
> > Don't understand why this is on the list, surely this will be built
> > with the other Samba packages (they get built from the same source
> > code), so why does this still have a systemd dependancy ?
>
> I guess no one got around to adjusting the packaging.
>
> Here's a debdiff (attached) from my repository -- I've got no upload
> rights in Devuan (other than to ceres in a roundabout way :p), but
> someone can apply this; should be good enough.

You seem to be missing my point, there are a lot more Samba packages
than 'samba-libs', they all get built from the same tarball, so why is
there only 'samba-libs' on that list ?

By the way, you do not have to do anything to the Samba code to stop
the systemd bits being added, you just have to make sure that the
systemd development files are not installed.

Rowland