:: Re: [DNG] Is the Ascii archive miss…
Author: Vincent Bentley
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Is the Ascii archive missing some packages?
On 07/07/17 13:11, zap wrote:
> It would be good though if you could allow mate-power-manager into the
> software repository with the systemd dependencies removed though...

That would require someone to create and maintain a Devuan specific
package and possibly even forking the code depending on how badly
infected with SYSTEMic Disease it becomes.

I had a look at doing just this with Mandos today but after reading the
TODOs in the code documentation and seeing lots of references to systemd
and freedesktop.org I started to wonder why the developers want to put
desktop API's into what is supposed to be a server utility. I think they
have lost their way and I would be better of finding an alternative or
making my own.

I am increasingly thinking that server tools should be developed
primarily for FreeBSD then ported back to Linux distros without systemd.