:: Re: [DNG] Broken packages in Ascii,…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: Miroslav Rovis
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Broken packages in Ascii, how to fix? (Beware of Debian Stretch) WAS: devuan packages explorer
Hi,

During the last week or so, I had VLC broken on ASCII.

The solution to get back VLC working was to manually inspect the
installed VLC dependencies for their version numbers. I compared those
numbers with what an installation simulation of vlc proposed as
dependency versions. Doing that, I noted the versions did not agree:
what was installed was newer than what I should have been installed.

Manually replacing the incorrect dependencies with those required by
the simulation solved the issue.

I didn't adopt the solution as suggested by KatolaZ because I updated
my ASCII installation on the 25th June 2017 which falls outside the
time window when the repository glitch was active.

(Albert Einstein)
If you cannot make abstructions about details you do not understand
the concepts underlying them.