:: Re: [DNG] A problem with a license
Author: Vincent Bentley
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A problem with a license
I have some suggestions for some changes to Daniel Abrecht's
sd_journal_shim license and code that may be agreeable.

1. Give Daniel Abrecht an email address to use in his copyright messages
on the source code for sd_journal_shim E.g.
daniel.abrecht@???

2. Change the code so that every logging call processed by the shim
prepends the log message with an 'announcement' something like the
following message: "Log message processed by sd_journal_shim (c) Daniel
Abrecht 2017, daniel.abrecht@???

3. Allow the announcement to be disabled on a per program basis with a
configuration file
/etc/devuan/sd_journal_shim/lennarts-awful-program.conf that contains
the text keywords to match. Some words should be reserved/excluded to
prevent creating an all encompassing override.

4. Change the license to one acceptable to Devuan.