:: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET U…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET UPDATE/UPGRADE ON ASCII
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:53:52PM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2017 at 23:38:16, zap wrote:
>
> > Regardless, I thank you for forking debian to remove systemd. I know
> > little of it, I only know it is less secure and slower to boot/more
> > resource intensive/slower download speed. but thanks I plan to donate to
> > your cause perhaps even today.
>
> I like to think of systemd in the same way as
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_ring_to_rule_them_all
>
> It started out as a small thing - seemingly innocuous - and yet its power
> grows to surround, absorb and encompass all that it encounters, submitting
> everything to its will, until there is nothing left but itself and its greed.

Just to point out that even people who are technically not bothered by
systemd have started asking the more fundamental question about
"diversity" and "alternatives":

http://latenightlinux.com/late-night-linux-episode-12/

I know some of you have probably seen (well, listened to) this
already. That's a recent episode of a very popular podcast (born from
the dissolved Linux Luddites) which talked about Devuan a few weeks
ago. I found it very instructive. It actually allows us to hope
believing that Phoronix & Co. are not the only voices out there, but
maybe just the loudest ones.

My2Cents

KatolaZ