:: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET U…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Antony Stone
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET UPDATE/UPGRADE ON ASCII
On Wednesday 28 June 2017 at 23:38:16, zap wrote:

> Regardless, I thank you for forking debian to remove systemd. I know
> little of it, I only know it is less secure and slower to boot/more
> resource intensive/slower download speed. but thanks I plan to donate to
> your cause perhaps even today.

I like to think of systemd in the same way as
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_ring_to_rule_them_all

It started out as a small thing - seemingly innocuous - and yet its power
grows to surround, absorb and encompass all that it encounters, submitting
everything to its will, until there is nothing left but itself and its greed.

systemd (dare I say it?) had some admirable goals and purposes, but the ways
in which its developers went about it (and still do), and the way in which it
grows to replace everything in its wake, is firstly just not The Unix Way, and
secondly goes against the concept of "my computer; my choice". The systemd
people decide things based on "their computer; their choice", without
consideration for people who are different from them.

(well, that's my opinion (or at least one of them) anyway).

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.