:: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET U…
Author: Dave Turner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET UPDATE/UPGRADE ON ASCII
On 28/06/17 17:06, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:50:07AM -0400, zap wrote:
>
> [cut]
>
>> just wondered, Is aptitude upgrade safe?
>>
> No, it was not safe. If you have upgraded your Devuan Ascii (testing)
> system in the last 24 hours, using whatever mean (apt-get, apt,
> aptitude, synaptic, etc.) you might have erroneously got packages from
> the new Debian testing (Buster). If this is the case, please read the
> other email I just sent, since it contains an explanation of how you
> can downgrade to ascii.
>
> HND
>
> KatolaZ

Tell me about devuan unstable ceres.

Nobody replied to my question about running ceres, happily I have not
switched on my iMac running ascii in the last few days so the recent
problems haven't affected me.

I have run debian unstable on assorted non-critical computers for years
without any major problems apart from when GRUB changed to GRUB2, and it
was 'fun' and I could fix the fuckups in a couple of minutes every time.
But nowadays I use lilo...

Is devuan ceres as unsatble as debian pretend sid is?

And, since the latest updates on debian sid my laptop shows emails in
huge fonts - which how this looks to me, or nice everyday 10 or 12 point
fonts. Intrigues to know how I you see this.

DaveT