:: Re: [DNG] Sessions in 1990.
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Sessions in 1990.
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 07:46:25 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> The fourth
> one was "reproducible boots", which might make sense in a VM farm,
> where flawlessly provisioning a container in 5 minutes might be
> important.

Huh? Systemd, with its "calculate boot order at boot time", is the
least reproducible boot I've heard of. Only slightly more determinate
are the boots from runit, s6 and friends. If you REALLY want a
determinate boot, Epoch is your friend. It starts programs in the order
you specified in the conf file.

I know little about sysvinit, but I think sysvinit is pretty
determinate also, which is one of the things poettering was always
critcizing it for.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2017 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key