:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Rick Moen:
> Quoting karl@??? (karl@???):

> > You have to configure mesa to use sysfs instead of udev,
> > compile xorg-server without udev, and set up your own config file.
>
> I thank you again. This time, på engelska. The reason my upthread
> references were limited to server (headless) deployments is that I
> figured adding a local X11 engine without udev would probably bring
> complications, but I didn't know for certain where.

xmodmap was deprecated in favour of xkb, since there was a need to be
able to identify the keyboard layout and set it - even for multiple
keyboards attached.

X introduced a udev depenancy, to be able to identify the layout as
provided/made possible with xkb, all other things (except my oldie
serial mouse) it can find out itself without the need of udev.

Just a wild guess and extrapolation, but this smells multiseat,
without it x wouldn't need udev.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data