:: Re: [DNG] curl: (1) Protocol "http"…
Author: Taiidan@gmx.com
To: dng
CC: G.W. Haywood
Subject: Re: [DNG] curl: (1) Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl
Thank you for your assistance :D

On 06/16/2017 04:00 AM, G.W. Haywood wrote:

>> When trying to run apt-get update with https I receive this error
>>
>> curl: (1) Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl
>
> https://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Protocol_xxx_not_supported_or_di
>
> Is there some compelling reason to want apt-get to use HTTPS? After
> all, downloaded archives can be checked for integrity independently
> of the transport mechanism.

The idea is that it provides a slightly increased measure of security
(re ex: the clearsign bug) and makes it more difficult for a middleman
to ascertain what packages a user is downloading.

> Your problem description is a little vague, and I'd expect Devuan's
> libcurl to support HTTPS. I wonder what exactly have you done to try
> to make 'apt-get update' use https.

I changed the normal repo to https, is there a special way I need to do
this?
> Is 'curl' itself installed, and
> how was it installed? Do you know if you have installed curl/libcurl
> other than from packages? If you post the output of
>
> dpkg --get-selections | grep curl
> dpkg --get-selections | grep ssl
>
> and
>
> curl -V

"bash: curl: command not found"

> it might shed some light.

first:
libcurl3-gnutls:amd64 install
python-pycurl install

secnd:
libgnutls-openssl27:amd64 install
libio-socket-ssl-perl install
libnet-smtp-ssl-perl install
libnet-ssleay-perl install
libssl1.0.0:amd64 install
openssl install
ssl-cert instal

> Typing the error message into a search engine would probably give you
> more useful help than I can give immediately

Already done but I unfortunately I did not receive applicable any info
from that