:: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Didier:
> Le 23/06/2017 à 16:41, Antony Stone a écrit :
> >> ?!?!?! did they ?!?!?!
> >> how is this madness done, via mount -o bind ????
> > https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge
> >> Nevermind if its old news already, I am blown away by this news...
> > https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/TheCaseForTheUsrMerge/ if
> > you want to start feeling annoyed as well as surprised.
>      There are many advantages in this merge, but there is also a
> drawback, which,I think, is the only one: it becomes tricky to boot with
> /usr being a mountpoint AND without an initrd/initramfs. This is a
> corner case, which doesn't mean it is negigible.

I usually don't use initrd/initramfs so I don't like that merge.
Also I want to have the ability to unmounting /usr if I would whish.

If it is to make all binaries to be accessible as /usr/bin/whatever,
one could make links from /usr/bin/ to /bin for binaries in /bin
instead of moving the binary itself and then linking.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148