:: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Author: Gary Olzeke
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] some ASCII issues
recently did an ASCII upgrade from the CD install Jessie 1.0-0 64 bit
(see my ASCII-install_notes on dev1galaxy.org forum)
'
these were some issues - I will start trying to debug them/investigate
and create bug reports
BUT I wanted to give a heads up!!
I didn't have these with the Jessie final version !!
'
********************  ISSUES (will create bugs if I can pinpoint
error)******************
CD wouldn't open from front panel button - needed the filemgr to 'eject'
    Thunar 1.6.11 reported as mounting, then .../media/cdrom was busy!!
'
VLC played ONE time as a normal user - (then tried as  'root')
    wouldn't even open up the application after the one time
NO Sound/audio output from CD / web-browser (pulse-audio nothing showd!)
'
loaded (viaSynaptic) alsa-player-common & depends
this showed a data stream from CD but NO audio/sound
'
bash couldn't find 'nano' (I wanted to copy the 'sandbox' message)
    bash was looking in /usr/bin/nano - it was at /bin/nano [per 'which'
command]
'
Synaptic no longer has scrunched text !!!
**********that's it folks - for what its worth
the terminal "apt-get" way to install might be better -I used Synaptice
- used user 'root' as 'sudo' was not avail