:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] reverse-engineering systemd is fighting strategic incompetence.
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 12:08:47PM +0200, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:

[cut]

> >In prior discussions in this space concerning libsystemd0, there was a
> >futile confrontation between people who (correctly) pointed out that it
> >does nothing if systemd isn't present, and others who (correctly)
> >pointed out that it could be revised to do undesirable things. What
> >better way to deal with the latter alleged threat than to maintain a
> >separate libsystemd0 fork (package) managed so it never does anything
> >other than answer the published library calls and state that systemd
> >isn't present?
> >
> >If you-plural object that much to libsystemd0 because future revisions
> >_could_ do bad things, create a substitute.
> Expanding to that we can even make a libsystemd0 that actually works with
> any init system (except systemd) for all relevant init parts and to all
> other calls answering that systemd is not present.

I fail to see the importance of such task, since I really don't
understand what are these things that all init systems have in common,
except for riping orphaned processes. But again, if you feel like
having a library for all init systems to share is something worth
doing, please do it.

My2Cents

KatolaZ