:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Bruce Perens
To: Taiidan@gmx.com, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Before we cast stones at Gnome, let's remember that the Debian project from
which Devuan is descended has done a good many screwed up things in its
history, besides locking their distribution into systemd. We can't pose as
paragons of virtue.

I support getting GNOME to be available out-of-the-box Devuan. The
counter-arguments were not compelling.

Indeed, supporting GNOME this way would probably piss off the very people
who made stupid decisions at GNOME, so what's not to like? It's not clear
that I have time to code (I am shopping a start-up to VCs right now, as
well as my usual consulting to law firms and their customers) but maybe I
will.

It seems to me that expanding on the current libsystemd0 stub so that
it *actually
does something *but *is still not systemd *would be a good way to go. And
would fruitfully piss people who work on systemd off, so again what's not
to like? Faking out package dependencies seems fine to me, as well. No
reason to hack systemd out of multiple things when you can do that.

    Thanks

    Bruce