:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> Would it prevent you from installing runit or s6 or Suckless Init +
> daemontools-encore + LittKit or Epoch?

In my experiments with Debian's init system packages on Debian 8
'Jessie', I had no problems installing and using the OpenRC or runit
packages, nor the nosh package. There was not at that tieme a
daemontools-encore package int the Debian repos, but as you know it's
not an init system but rather a service supervisor, and my experiment
concerned init systems. There were no packages in the Debian repos for
sinit, LittKit, or Epoch, either.

> When I became aware of init systems as a result of Debian's 2014
> misstep, one thing that amazed me was that one init system's package
> would deinstall other init systems.

{shrug} Use equivs, package pinning, rebuild the package adjusting its
control files, etc. Not really brain surgery.