:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 09:17:46PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> > > The presence of libsystemd0, albeit annoying, doesn't prevent you from
> > > installing and using OpenRC.
> > >

> > depends, for me I cannot install openrc without losing literately one
> > hundred or more packages!
> >
> > for the record, I was not... troling... I am completely serious._
>
> when I try install openrc, all it asks me to remove is sysv-rc.
> I stopped aptitude at the stge where it tries to resolve incomptibilies by
> recommending that packages be dropped. I didn't go further.
>
> This is with Devuan jessie.
>
> There must be something more going on in your system than mine.
> I do have libsystemd0 installed.

parazyd and a few others have started experimenting with openrc in
ascii, but my understanding is that they are repackaging openrc from
gentoo, instead than using the packages provided by Debian.

The main problem we have to solve here is finding a smart way of
letting different init systems become interchangeable. This is not
trivial, and any choice made there will have profound implications on
the way Devuan will provide alternative inits (if at all), and on the
cost of the associated development. So I wouldn't be surprised if
having OpenRC installable and tested on ascii would require
substantially more than the time needed to read this thread ;)

HND

KatolaZ