:: Re: [devuan-dev] Building derivativ…
Author: parazyd@dyne.org
To: devuan developers internal list
CC: Merlijn, Ivaylo Dimitrov
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Building derivative distros on the Devuan Jenkins CI
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> > The only thing that worries me is what happens when there is a lot of
> > traffic and if `apt update` will seem broken if an update is done while
> > a merge is in progress.
>
> build to a spool and copy/rsync that to a the deployment location -
> preferably a remote mirror. Remember it the keyring it is signed with
> needs to be in devuan-keyring.

Since rsyncing isn't atomic, Merlijn suggested a symlink trick which
would definitely help reducing the downtime(?) and simplify this.

> > For maemo we were told we will be using the Devuan CI, not hosting our
> > own. I am not sure if this is related to us?
>
> We should discuss this...

This thread was started for this reason - so please give us some insight,
as for now it seems very few things are moving.

--
~ parazyd
GPG: 0333 7671 FDE7 5BB6 A85E C91F B876 CB44 FA1B 0274