Til: dng
Emne: [DNG] Gnome, KDE?
Hi.

https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/stable-2nd-candidate-announce-050517

I notice that the above RC2 release notes say "Removed GNOME, KDE, and
Cinnamon as DE options in tasksel. These three DEs are still (mostly)
installable after the installation is complete, but they are known to suffer
from some glitches due to the lack of systemd"

I don't see any comment at all about DEs in the LTS 1.0 announcement:
https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/stable-jessie-announce-052517

However, they're not available during a DVD installation of Devuan (although I
notice that KDE at least does get neatly upgraded if you do a Debian Wheezy ->
Devuan Jessie online upgrade).

So, are Gnome and KDE currently still "known to suffer from some glitches due
to the lack of systemd" (and if so, are these documented anywhere)?

Or can these be expected to work as well as XFCE, and as well as Debian Jessie
would provide them?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

- Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.