:: Re: [unSYSTEM] i read the news toda…
Author: Amir Taaki
To: unsystem
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] i read the news today
aimee@???:
> now the question falls to us, how do we boot the dream we want into exsistence? and the challenge also falls to us as the creators, the programmers, the makers, the tinkers, the thinkers?

Through ideology / religion.

An organized group of people following a body of teachings which they
study. That is their ideology.

A culture with a set of positive values.

A group of hackers dressing and living in a certain way dedicated to
their cause as professional revolutionaries. Not this toy tinkering
stuff but seriously hardcore people that join a revolutionary organization.

There are lessons where people study the ideology.

Just like how a religion works. You go to church, you do the rituals
which creates social cohesion and you study the holy texts which gives
you your ethics.

Ideas play a fundamental role in collective consciousness and more
generally in human history. History is the result of human will and
action, but always within the framework of convictions, beliefs and
representations which provide meaning and direction.

We need to put forward our worldview, and start to create a movement
with coherency. Just like Stallman writing the free software manifesto
and going doing those speeches started that movement. It wasn't at all
spontaneous. It's because hackers formed a core of beliefs they started
organizing and acting around.