:: Re: [unSYSTEM] i read the news toda…
Author: Amir Taaki
To: unsystem
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] i read the news today
There's no simple answer and to develop the analysis, a person needs to
put the energy because reality is complex and social. But our society
instead is focused on the present, a time which doesn't exist. We're
obsessed with efficiency and time, rather than space and existence. Like
insects we chase momentary reward rather than trying to attain a higher
fulfilling existence that lives on in the world around us. We're
completely detached from our natural existence as pure mechanical
objects manipulated by neoliberalism. That's the crisis of modernity,
the lack of higher purpose or meaning which was rejected with the
enlightenment in favour of the religion of rationalism.

This megamachine is extending its roots beyond just the physical human
but deep into our souls with the entire technics and sciences of
engineering humanity from media to psychiatry. It's a very sinister form
of control, worse than the old forms of domination which are
dissipating. That's why our main fight now is in the symbolic,
ideological and spiritual realms. You see it in the come back of ISIS,
the European new right and Russia (Dugin). We cannot understand these
phenomena in a purely material way.

Human history is always the result of human will, but always within the
framework of belief, ideology and religion. Old forms of domination and
power are dissipating, and instead we know are seeing an explosion of
knowledge and networks with fuzzy reference points. Our task now is
metaphysical with creating a body of knowledge that can unite a group of
people with coherency, sharing a critique of modernity working towards a
shared utopia.

That's why I'm telling people now that if you're anarchist, you should
start studying Democratic Confederalism because this is the new ideology
we should be following. There's a book by Ocalan on Amazon called
"Manifesto for a Democratic Civilization: part 2 - capitalism". These
are a set of teachings that we study and spread to others. They are
instructions for everyone to be a revolution and what we need to do as
individuals to construct a new nation founded on these ideas.

And we need to build on these ideas with our own ideas. To expand this
ideology with all our knowledge of technology, because this is a new
major ideology that is going to be playing a major role in future world
revolutions and uprisings in this increasingly fractured planet. We are
witnessing the breakdown of global power and the return of difference.
All the small upstarts now are planting symbolic flags that will inspire
copycats. To keep our ideas relevant, they need to serve the movement,
and we choose what that is. Right now we have to update to a
contemporary analysis, not the dangerously simplistic conception of
freedom as doing things when I want, however I want. Western society is
experiencing a huge cultural decay because of the loss of noble values.
With the recognition of struggle and sacrifice, we can maybe save the
remnants of humanity from this huge octopus monstrosity of the globalist
liberalism, the megamachine blandly expanding over huge natural
geographies consuming the planet for its own expansion.

We have to ask hard questions to ourselves about what we have helped to
construct. There is a line and we need to make it visible. Nature, life
and humanity vs the megamachine, the swamp, the state. Societies used to
have a core of values and people had a sense of destiny. Now we live in
a generalized exchange of signs, a completely visual material objective
society with no divine values. We rape mother nature for our own
material wants completely unconstrained by any sense of ethics. It's not
only trees but the type of human being that is being created by this
society. Not a human that is strong with agency, courageous living for a
higher sense of purpose, striving to be a higher form of life and uplift
humanity. But a swamp. A confused featureless landscape, high streets
with shops full of many many variations of all types of products. Just
like the end days of Rome when there emerged the class of the
proletarians living off welfare grain handouts from the state, and
spending all their time drinking, gambling and occupying themselves with
entertainment, talking non-stop and continuously watching gladiator
games. Is it no surprise then that the enlightenment was basically the
re-discovery of Roman ideas, and we live in the last days of the second
version of the Roman empire. We are endlessly expanding the human race
but it is not a better human we are creating. In fact it is a human
eating genetically engineered poor quality food, dressed in cheap mass
manufactured clothing, with consumer culture and a completely mechanized
education working unfulfilling jobs to accumulate wealth for personal
pleasure at the expense of the planet with no sense of destiny, meaning
or purpose.

And I talk about the herd but hackers have been completely complicit in
the construction of the megamachine. After all this mechanism of tyranny
that is the internet didn't bring increased knowledge and a smarter,
richer, better governed society like the optimists and singularists
predicted. We now have atomised humans consuming the spectacle of
Facebook locked in tiny bubbles, consuming catchy headlines selected by
algorithms for the benefit of generating profit for Zuckerberg. How can
you be free if your entire persona is constructed for the benefit of the
state. It is a form of indoctrination, a neo religion of individuals
separated from culture and history, pursuing material cheating of death
because of the lack of divine belief. We live on through the change in
the world, through our ideas that groups of people then walk a path.
Material master-slave relations are transitory but there is another form
of sovereign power.

Unless hackers understand these ideas, and start to organize around them
then this movement is fast becoming irrelevant and will lack the power
to make a proper challenge to power. We're already a joke of people
tinkering on toys for their own amusement, and I hope the christian mob
comes to burn down the palace because the hackers will deserve it.
Conceited and inwards looking, refusing their power in this age when we
are facing a future with a huge amount of human suffering. It is the
most shameless unethical ignorance. Technology is one of the main
drivers of the civilizational process. It is a huge power. We can take
the power if we have a strong ideology and good organization.