:: Re: [DNG] Running Devuan on a Beagl…
Author: Giovanni Rapagnani
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Running Devuan on a BeagleBone Black?
Hello,

On 25/05/17 16:05, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> On 25-05-17 13:50, Antoine wrote:
>> I have a BeagleBone Black and I would like to run headless Devuan on it.
>> There was an SD-card image available a few months ago, but I can't
>> find it
>> again (and it didn't work very well anyway).
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can find a suitable image or installer? Do
>> any of
>> the provided ones work for BBB?
>>
>> Better yet, can anyone recommend a howto or something similar? I would be
>> interested in learning exactly what is needed to boot and run an OS on an
>> ARM SBC (u-boot? .dtb files? other things I don't know?).
> Take a look at https://git.devuan.org/sdk/arm-sdk lot of information and
> the name of the developers.

I was able to build a devuan image for the beaglebone black using the
arm-sdk. However I run into several issues. I reported the most critical
on git.devuan.org. Hopefully they will be fixed soon. If not already
merged, you can grab the fixes I provided here:

https://git.devuan.org/sdk/arm-sdk/merge_requests/1
https://git.devuan.org/sdk/arm-sdk/merge_requests/2

For the compilation of the kernel, you should also install the "bc"
package on your build machine. And enable inside "arm-sdk/config" the
toolchain "## custom toolchain (armv7+armhf; gcc 4.9.3)" instead of the
default "## devuan packaged toolchain".

Giovanni