:: [DNG] installation of Jessie 1.0 fa…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] installation of Jessie 1.0 fails (busybox)
With Jessie 1.0 out, I decided to move from the beta as a system to play
with to make Jessie 1.0 my primary system. I dd copied the DVD ISO to a
8 G USB key and booted it.

I didn't expect to have any installation (expert) problems, but
did. After having the partitioner format all partitions, I began to
install the new base system.

This proceeded for a while. I chose the 3.16.0-4-amd64 kernel. Then
installation of base system halted with the error: "An error was
returned when trying to install the busybox package onto the target
system." It suggested taking a look at syslog, but it was not
informative. Immediately after it says klogd is installed, it says
"syslogd started: BusyBox v1.22.1"

Searching on line did not help. Could there be a problem with the ISO?
If so, would it be best to download it anew or should I simply recopy it
to the key?

Haines Brown