:: Re: [DNG] trash
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trash
On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 02:03:49PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@???):
>
> > Anyone know what subsystems put files and directories in
> > ~/.local/share/Trash ?
> >
> > I just found something like 443 gigabytes in there.
>
> I'll bet you use something like Nautilus or other graphical 'file
> manager', right? On those, deletion isn't implemented as deletion, but
> rather what you just stumbled across.

No, I don't. But it may have snuck onto my system sometime in the
last decade or so. And been removed again.

I'm a gnome, kde, and now systemd refugee. I feel at home here on
Devuan.

But there may well be some applications that depend on parts of ght
gnome and kde libraries, and they my well have this dysfunction. I'm
just wondering what they are.

> Personally, I find that bash makes a fabulous file manager, along with
> its friends find, awk, sed, cut, etc.

cp, mv, ls, and rm is what I usually use.

-- hendrik