:: Re: [DNG] trash
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trash
I wrote:

> (There may be some clever and elaborate way to make a directory become a
> file sink for mv or cp operations _without_ accidentally overwriting it,
> as someone upthread thought could be done by symlinking to
> /dev/null, but I'm not thinking of it offhand.)

There's this, which made me laugh _so_ hard:
https://devnull-as-a-service.com/

Reminds me of a long-ago posting I made to Silicon Valley Linux User Group's
mailing list, expressing concern about exhausting the IP space of the
127.0.0.0/8 loopback network, and proposing to turn it into a NAT
gateway.