:: Re: [DNG] Adjusting LCD backlight i…
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Adjusting LCD backlight in XFCE4

Lars Noodén wrote on 18/05/17 17:30:
> On 05/18/2017 10:08 AM, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> [snip]
>> if it really is a Toshiba, you could try this little script which I
>
> It a Slimbook Katana. Everything works as it should with Ubuntu 16.04,
> but Devuan has some rough edges. Here is the harware info, if that helps.
>
> The xbacklight utility, as mentioned earlier, does not work so the
> archlinux link that Ralph provided probably does not help. Though if I
> can find the right numbers to use, I can give it a try.
>
>    Section "Device"
>        Identifier  "card0"
>        Driver      "intel"
>        Option      "Backlight"  "intel_backlight"
>        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
>    EndSection

> Based on what's below, what should I use for "BusID" there?
> [cut]

I think "PCI:0:2:0" is right for your machine. You could check the
line(s) with "PCI:" in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, which iiuic tells you the
bus id(s) with a "0:" prefix. In any case, your VGA controller is at pci
0000:00:02.0, and that probably translates into bus id 0:2:0.

Hopefully someone with actual X knowledge will correct me if it's wrong.

Ralph.