:: Re: [devuan-dev] Best way to start
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Best way to start
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 08:30:30AM +0300, Aldemir Akpinar wrote:
> The other day I was browsing a few packages from ascii, and I realized that
> with the release of debian testing/devuan ascii even more packages will
> depend on libsystemd. Anyways, I'm wondering what's the best way to start
> modifying such packages.
> I've checked the web site and git.devuan.org but I couldn't find the
> documentation.
> My guess is, I need to download the source from debian, and upload it to
> git. Remove the infection, push the changes, and then what? I need to send
> a pull request to somewhere I suppose?

Hi aldemir,

please consider that most of the libsystemd0-infected packages in
jessie have been sanitised, and should be found in jessie-proposed. We
planned to have a minor release when all of them have been fixed.

We should find a nice way to rebase those changes onto ceres (the
current problem is that the changelog would get borked...), and then
let the packages "flow" from ceres to testting.

Some relevant documentation about repackaging and putting the stuff
into our workflow can be found here:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=549

HH

KatolaZ