:: Re: [devuan-dev] Vote: udev vs. eud…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Aldemir Akpinar
À: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Vote: udev vs. eudev
On 15 May 2017 at 16:03, parazyd <parazyd@???> wrote:

> Since I think the eudev package is now fairly ready, I'd like to ask you
> folks to test it (can be found in the experimental repository[1]).
>
> If all goes well, I'd like to call out a vote on whether this package
> should replace udev in Devuan jessie/ascii and be our default
> implementation of udev. Provided the outcome is positive: the udev
> package would have to be blacklisted in amprolla/dak.
>

> Let me know :)

> --
> ~ parazyd
> GPG: 0333 7671 FDE7 5BB6 A85E C91F B876 CB44 FA1B 0274

I've installed eudev on a vmware vm migrated from Debian Jessie. Upon
reboot my eth0 is converted into a gibberish name which I find outrageous.
So IMHO there two thing that we needs to be discussed and fixed if everyone
agrees:
Let's keep the ages old network card naming convention by default (ethX is
quite fine, try remembering those new horrid names and try typing them all
the time, makes ones life harder)
Also don't you think rule files should be placed in /etc/udev rather than
/lib/udev? I think forking udev doesn't mean that we need to follow RH
people's bad practices, does it?

And of course many thanks to everyone that spent their valuable time to
make us closer to a system without a systemd infection! I'd definitely
support a non-systemd udev.