:: Re: [devuan-dev] [Fwd] [DNG] issues…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: devuan developers internal list
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] [Fwd] [DNG] issues after update from debian 8 to devuan 1.0rc2 (with fixes)
On 12/05/17 01:25, Jaromil wrote:

> see in attach the message passed on devuan-dev
>
> I expect more people will use any git repository to contribute and
> to allow or at least interact with that will be the best way for us
> to round-up contributions, keeping liberal about the platform (which
> is possible since its git...)
>
> so I write you here to hear opinions about this approach.

They can play where ever they like but we will only build from our
gitlab, so that is the correct place for contributions to devuan.
Anyway the stated reason for using github is because gitlab is intolerable.

> I for one am in favor of people using whatever they like and us
> mirroring and/or importing it into devuan's infrastructure.

We don't chase contributions from all over. They can provide
patches attached to bug reports or fork and merge request changes in
git.devuan.org.

In addition whilst we will gladly take patches and encourage
contributors, all packaging must be done according to our workflow
otherwise we will have no end of mess to clean up.

> interesting to note that gogs has already a system that creates and
> updates mirrors of github repositories (and others eventually)
> becoming a de-facto central point of collection for them

It's a trivial feature easily implemented and if we wanted it, but
seriously we don't. When the build automation capability comes we will
be automatically updating from upstream sources, but that's for
different reasons and with a different purpose.

Cheers,
    Daniel
--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.