:: Re: [DNG] apt-file update fails to …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] apt-file update fails to update

dear Joel,

tl;dr : known bug since long. CenturionDan is working on it with a
final strategy to solve it. Please use bugs.devuan.org next time!

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017, Joel Roth wrote:

>      E: The cache is empty. You need to run 'apt-file update' first.
>      You have new mail in /var/mail/jroth
>      $ sudo apt-file update
>      Ignoring source without Contents File:
>        http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie/main/Contents-amd64.gz
>      Ignoring source without Contents File:
>        http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie-updates/main/Contents-amd64.gz
>      Ignoring source without Contents File:
>        http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie-security/main/Contents-amd64.gz

this is a known bug since long now, due to the way Amprolla 1 was
done. Recently, because of this and other discrepancies, CenturionDan
is investigating the adoption of dak for the main Devuan repository, a
solution that will solve this bug and some other glitches.

Amprolla will stay as a handy tool to be used by derivative distros
with a small subset of changed packages and a rewrite/cleanup is also
being lead by Parazyd.

While its useful to mention here the plans unfolding, I recommend
using bugs.dyne.org to report bugs and always search on it if there is
anything already open on the subject

thanks!