:: Re: [DNG] devuan install experience
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan install experience
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:01:11AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:

[cut]

> > ..I disagree on your implied "just fallback", it's good enough as
> > The Standard for production systems, has anyone seen it fail?
>
> AFAIK no, but needs more battle-testing and experienced opinions
> before we reach a conclusion. Yours is certainly one more on the
> record. For "fallback" I mean as installed by default and, in absence
> of any other tool, inicated as the way to configure the network in
> Devuan. People may still prefer to use more graphical ways and for
> instance network-manager will also be working in ascii, I think is
> already into jessie-proposed or experimental thanks to CenturionDan.

I agree that we must still battle-test it more extensively. We also
have to decide whether the changes made by setnet have to be
permanent. At this stage they are not, since it was devised as a
stateless network config tool for minimal-live. However, it would be
definitely possible to let it dump the current network configuration
somewhere (/etc/network/interfaces?).

My2Cents

KatolaZ