:: [DNG] My buddy told me there's an i…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] My buddy told me there's an idiot born every minute
Hi all,

My buddy told me there's an idiot born every minute. This guy Jorgen
Shafer must have been born on that lucky second, given this article:

https://dzone.com/articles/logging-in-new-style-daemons-with-systemd

All these wonderful benefits of what he calls systemd's "new style
daemons" became available in 2001, when djb published daemontools. How
these guys keep influencing the narrative to pretend that sysvinit,
systemd and Upstart are the only init systems on the planet is beyond
me.

What's really sad is this: If you use sysvinit but start all your
daemons from daemontools, that's just about as good as using runit or
s6. But nobody knows it, and when you say it, they put their fingers in
their ears and yell nah nah nah.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist