:: Re: [DNG] ..timelessness and pricel…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..timelessness and pricelessness, was: tiny service state api [WAS: Fwd: init system agnosticism]
Le 19/04/2017 à 13:36, Arnt Karlsen a écrit :
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:23:03 +0200, Alessandro wrote in message
> <e6de721c-d85d-4a26-f10d-4d3d3d1a1f6f@???>:
>
>> ... I was also been ironic on Aspo, as many times he can
>> only counter another person's ideas asking "What if <something>
>> cannot be trusted?", as if this constitutes a valid argument against
> ..."anything new that cannot fail", such as airport security,
> airliner safety, anti-missile defense, ballot machines, etc...
>
> ..if you wanna push some new kinda bling, you must be able to
> credibly answer such timeless and priceless questions... ;o)

     These are serious concerns which involve various aspects of security.

     If you need a response of your system within a  given delay and
with high security, then I think you should avoid any OS at all and
rather program FPGAs.

     In several cases you mentionned, like ballot, crashing the system
is not a big deal; which matters is to not deliver a wrong result.
Better crash than give a wrong result.

     Didier