:: Re: [DNG] Why I don't want to have…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why I don't want to have Pöttersoft on mysystem
Le 17/04/2017 à 16:54, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult a écrit :
> On 17.04.2017 16:37, Joachim Fahrner wrote:
>> Am 2017-04-17 11:18, schrieb Klaus Ethgen:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5644
>>>
>>> No further comment needed.
>>>
>>> Have fun reading. (Found on popular fefe blog)
>> ROTFL
>>
>> Stupid question: why does systemd implement a rm command? They sold us
>> systemd as an init sytem.
> Maybe they should just merge in busybox ;-)

     Busybox isn't a monolithic system you need to link applications
against, nor does it force you to depend on it. It *can* be built as a
single executable, as a conveniency for those who don't want to have
dynamic libraries in their way. Busybox provides its own init, which is
not systemd, and it does not force you to use it. You build your own
Busybox implementing the apps you want and only them.

     I guess you didn't intend to introduce any confusion, but it might
arise from your last sentence.

     Cheers.
                             Didier