:: Re: [DNG] tiny service state api [W…
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] tiny service state api [WAS: Fwd: init system agnosticism]
exhaust@??? wrote:

> In my opinion, this is the best that has been written about init or supervisor,

+1

> (I'm absolutely agree with this)
>
> "There's no need to search for the perfect init or supervisor. Long ago
> we got a bunch of them that are all good enough, and can be combined to
> fill almost any need. This continuing search for a perfect init is just
> wheel spinning, or perhaps an excuse for profit-driven complexification"

Absolutely.
And I confess it's something I fall prey to from time to time - seeking to "do it right" which sometimes results in not doing it at all. Lets just say there was "some disagreement" between myself and SWMBO as to what "decorate the spare bedroom" means - though at the end of it (a year per room, two rooms so far !) she's been happy with the results :-)