:: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] We need to speak up
On 14.04.2017 09:49, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 09:14:32AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:

> ...err...by upstream you mean Debian? Then I am lost.

I meant the actual upstreams, but dists like debian too.

> Most of the systemd-specific stuff in those packages has been added by
> the Debian packagers themselves, to abide to the plans of conqering
> the world with a Blitzkrieg.

I guess we just wouldn't take those patches into our queues.
If those area the only ones, we'll have an empty queue, therefore
nothing to be sent.

Of course, sooner or later we'd want some kind of tracking, which
patches we've already processed, so we eg. never look again on the
rejected ones.

> Debian has made her decision. I know it's hard to believe for a
> long-time Debianist, but they have effectively no intention of
> supporting anything else than systemd.

Well, let's see. I dont intend to spend much time (as w/ any other
distro I'm not using myself). Just some (semi-)automatic posting,
just a little glue around git-send-email called by cron ...

Actually, I'm seeing that not limited to depotterization (that's just
a good usecase to start with), but any patches that some distro
(or in embedded case: bsp maintainer) might add ontop certain
upstream tree and can be useful for others.

--mtx