:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnostic…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnosticism [WAS: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system]
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 22:32:32 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 08:13:46PM -0400, Dan Purgert wrote:
> >

> > On 04/12/2017 11:58 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Systemd actively sabotages the ability to replace it, whereas no
> > > other inits do that (that I know of). It would be stupid of
> > > Devuan to allow systemd into their software.
> >
> > Wouldn't it also be kind of undoing the whole reason that the
> > original guys split off the Debian crowd?
> >

> Well, the official policy, insofar as there is one, appears to be
> that Devuan is about choice.

Hi Everyone,

This is settled law. Devuan does not in any way support installation of
systemd on Devuan:

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20150506.184731.24a5f02c.en.html

All Devuan promises is not to deliberately insert Halloween Code to
bomb when systemd is installed.

It's perfectly obvious that if one wanted Devuan with systemd, they'd
use Debian, but occasionally a troll tries to bludgeon us with our
origins as a distro supporting the choice of its users NOT to use
systemd. And then everyone (I'm guilty too during this thread) chimes
in. But this is settled law.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist