:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnostic…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: init system agnosticism [WAS: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system]
Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@???):

[...]
> We support potential devuan users who wish option (2) by having them use
> Debian's installer, Debian's packages, and Debian's mailing lists, all
> available directly from Debian's mirrors.

Well and fairly stated, IMO.

I'll also ask: Has someone submitted a systemd package compliant with
Devuan policy about no excessive intrusion into other software, no
needless refusal to support portable operation, no undocumented and
unstable external interfaces, and in general no pathological shortfall
in the trait of working well with others?

Perhaps the referenced question should be deferred until the happy day of such
a submission. (I'll also be on the lookout for Hades turning gelid. ;-> )

(Above offered in case the Project is still looking for a handy answer
to the 'Why won't you let me choose systemd?' troll. Yrs. if you want it.)