:: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystem…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng, KatolaZ
Subject: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystemd0
Hi KatolaZ,

On 04/10/2017 01:37 PM, KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 01:19:00PM +0200, aitor_czr wrote:
>
> [cut]
>
>> I still don't know the reason for using the 1.26.2 upstream version of gvfs
>> in devuan. The version in debian jessie is 1.22.2, and we*should* mantain
>> the same one in devuan, which is that i used. I talked about this months ago
>> in the IRC Channel.
>>
> Hi aitor,
>
> devuan jessie currently has 1.22.2-1:
>
>    $ apt-cache policy gvfs
>    gvfs:
>      Installed: (none)
>      Candidate: 1.22.2-1
>      Version table:
>          1.22.2-1 0
>          500http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/  jessie/main amd64 Packages
>    $

> and it does not depend on libsystemd0. The package that depends on
> libsystemd0 is gvfs-daemons, on which gvfs depens in turn.
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

You are right, the version of both gvfs and gvfs-daemons is 1.22.2 as i
can see in:

http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz

But, running:

$ apt-get source gvfs

i get 1.26.2

In any case, as you said, gvfs-daemons depends on libsystemd0. My
changes in those files mentioned above remove it.

Here you are its control file:

http://gnuinos.org/control

and udisks works without udev and libsystemd0... thanks to vdev :)

Cheers,

Aitor.