:: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystem…
Author: Joachim Fahrner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] gvfs depends on libsystemd0
Am 2017-04-09 10:43, schrieb Florian Zieboll:

> I use spacefm. With some config-tweaking it is a perfect (and much more
> flexible) replacement for pcmanfm and alike:

Thanks for that hint. SpaceFM in conjunction with udevil is great. So I
can get rid of this ugly gvfs. gfvs is broken by design, because it
creates a ~/.gvfs directory which is not accessible by root. So every
backup tool fails when accessing this directory.

It is untypical for Unix systems that root cannot access everything on
the local machine. I'm wondering how they achieve that, it should not be
possible at all.

I feel more and more that the Gnome devs have no basic understanding of
unix systems.