:: [Libbitcoin] RPM status + side-trac…
Author: Alice Wonder
To: libbitcoin
Subject: [Libbitcoin] RPM status + side-track
Hello list,

The RPM spec files are coming. The issue right now is simply space.

I have a 128 GB SSD that was *mostly* empty but not empty enough, it got
to 95% full before I killed the syncing.

I order a 256 GB Intel SSD from Amazon but even though the invoice says
SATA III they sent me a M.2 and I didn't return it because what they
sent me is actually better than what I ordered. I asked them if I could
keep it and they said sure.

So anyway I have to find a low-profile pci-e card for M.2 and I think
that's better anyway because I can get one that supports two and buy a
larger one in future if/when needed. I want to research them first, make
sure I get one that works well with stock CentOS kernel etc.

So that's the delay in the RPM spec files. Part of it.

-=-

The other part is I have been brainstorming for a potential alt-coin. I
am not happy with where Bitcoin is going. To me the refusal for
increasing blockchain smells like artificial scarcity of a resource and
creating artificial scarcity of a resource is something I see as a
mechanism those with wealth use to leech more money from those without,
and I suspect that is the goal, with the additional leeching to take
place on the second-level off-chain networks that Blockstream has filed
numerous software patents for.

But on the other hand I am not really satisfied with BU either, for
several reasons I won't detail, though I am running the BU client currently.

I've been brainstorming an alternative coin, with protocol level
facilities for scheduled hard-forks including a mechanism for smoothly
dealing with contentious hard forks should they become an issue.

I'm still brain-storming, but if I go forward I would probably want to
initially fork libbitcoin to use as the library a reference client is
built against.

A PDF (built from LaTeX which is what I use for all my word-processing
needs) describing it is at https://leprecoin.org/LepreCoin-20170403.pdf

It's not bitcoin but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael A. Peters (aka Alice Wonder)