:: Re: [DNG] bugs.devuan.org online
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] bugs.devuan.org online
On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 16:43:01 +0100, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20170403154301.GY7430@???>:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 05:24:26PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > > Please use both tools as much as possible and report any bugs to
> > > bugs.devuan.org ;)
> > >
> > > HH
> > >
> > > KatolaZ
> > >

> > ..can the tricks in https://bugs.devuan.org/Developer.html be
> > used by non-devuan dev people to sabotage bugs.devuan.org?
> >

> Yes, sure :)
>
> > ..in such case it should hide behind some kinda login "door",
> > if it's safe in the open, leave it safe in the open. ;o)
> >

> Well, Debian BTS has been around for more than 20 years so far, so it
> is quite well known. We will have some problems, for sure, but we will
> do our best to minimise their impact. Having a functional BTS
> compatible with Debian's one is vital to let developers cooperate with
> Devuan.
>
> > ..I ask because I cannot find Debian's "Developer.html", they have
> > similar pages going into more into a bunch of their details and
> > less into our bug control management details.
> >

> Maybe I misunderstood your email, but are you talking about these
> files:
>
> https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer

..mostly this, I got thrown off looking for the English terms
in this Norwegian language page, I missed that very bit. ;oD

> https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control

..and a wee bit of this. It's been a while.

> ??? Yes, they are available to everybody, from bugs.debian.org.
> Again, debbugs (the BTS we are running) is free software. It's code is
> available to anybody, and has been used by several projects, including
> GNU. You can also download the version currently used by Debian
> through git:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/debbugs-source/debbugs.git/
>
> and look into their spamassassin rules, as well.
>
> You can't stop stupid people from doing stupid things simply by hiding
> relevant information :)

..you're right, worry about our smart clever etc enemies.

..fixing our own stupid blunders is much easier, sometimes
we wisen up enough to fix our own blunders ourselves even
before "we" find out. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: