:: Re: [devuan-dev] xorriso and image …
Author: fsmithred
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] xorriso and image building
On 03/29/2017 03:14 AM, Jaromil wrote:

> dear fsmithred I hope you don't mind I subscribed you here in another
> public list which is more focused on devuan's development. you'll find
> some of the old and new usual suspects.

Thanks. I don't mind. In fact, I subscribed about a week ago, but the
email confirmation never came. Could that be because I did not select a
password at the time?

> regarding your request on xorriso I confirm that the easy-build script
> reports the same warning, which can be safely ignored:
>
> "Symlinks can only be added to a Rock Ridge tree"
>
> over all firmware files.
>
> it does not show the arguments used and is so convoluted that is
> absolutely not trivial to extract them, I'll do further research on
> that.

Don't worry about it. It's working now. I don't know if something changed
when I rebuilt the iso, or if the wireless issue was a one-time problem.
I'm using the same xorriso command that's in live-sdk with an added line
for uefi boot.

FWIW, I was able to get rid of the error messages by removing '-J
-joliet-long' from the xorriso command, but I think that creates problems
if someone wants to view the burned media in a Windows system. That would
piss off some people and delight others, I'm sure. I put the joliet
options back in the command before the final build.

While I'm thinking of it, do we have release notes? Is there anything in
particular that you'd like to see on the live desktop for the user to
read? I was thinking that an icon that says "Install Devuan" could open a
short doc that briefly explains the install options.

fsmithred