:: Re: [devuan-dev] bugs.devuan.org
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] bugs.devuan.org
On 2017-03-24 14:32, KatolaZ wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to let you know that the Devuan Bug Tracking system is up and
> running at:
>
> http://bugs.devuan.org
>
> It is based on debbugs (the same system used by Debian), with a sleek
> purpy theme provided by our golinux. We have already uploaded those
> bugs in the list I sent early this week which were classified as
> release-critical. All the other bugs will be uploaded soon. Some of
> you should have received also a notification, because you are
> currently indicated as maintainers of some pseudo-packages.
>
> More info about how it works can be found at:
>
> http://bugs.devuan.org//server-control.html
> http://bugs.devuan.org//Developer.html
>
> I think we should keep it for devuan-dev for a couple of days, in
> order to test its functionalities properly before we announce it on
> DNG. All functionalities are there but we might experience a few
> config glitches.
>
> I am also adopting and forking both debbugs and reportbug from Debian
> Jessie, in order to adapt them for our needs. The reportug package for
> Devuan should be ready soon.
>
> HH
>
> KatolaZ

I was so busy skinning the site, I hadn't paid much attention to how it
works. I wanted to comment on some of the bugs but couldn't find the
page(s) to do so. WHERE IS THE (expletive omitted) WEB INTERFACE? Each
bug should have a page (like debbugs) where comments can pass back and
forth and a solution found. Having a gazillion emails is not going to
work for me and I suspect many others. As is, not very efficient (for
me) or user friendly. Maybe I'm just missing something . . .

I found the issue descriptions to be inadequate. Tried to locate more
comprehensive descriptions and no joy.

Apologies for the visual warts that are still on the site. Am fixing
them as soon as I find them but there may be a lag before they are
uploaded. Will get it worked out eventually.

Now let's squash those bugs!!

golinux