:: Re: [DNG] Help to create iso image
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Help to create iso image
On 03/24/2017 03:59 PM, Ismael L. Donis Garcia wrote:
> First of all greetings to the members of the list.
>
> I'm fairly new to the linux world, so I need to study a lot.
>
> I want to create an iso of lxqt i386 for ascci with as little as possible,
> but that is operative and pleasing to the eye at the same time.
>
> Where could you collect information on how to construct such an iso image?

> Dng mailing list
> Dng@???

Hi Ismael,

You could use refractasnapshot to do that. Download it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/tools/refractasnapshot-base_10.0.2_all.deb

Install it as root or with sudo:
dpkg -i refractasnapshot_base*.deb

Install the missing dependencies with:
apt-get -f install

Then run:
refractasnapshot

You will find your live iso in /home/snapshot/

Warning: You need a lot of free space to do this - enough for a copy of
the entire system plus the iso.

(There's also a refractasnapshot-gui package if you prefer to click. It
uses yad, and yad uses gtk3, so your experience might be better with the
command-line version.)

Documentation is here -
http://www.ibiblio.org/refracta/documents.html

Have fun!