:: [Libbitcoin] Some questions re BS v…
Author: P Perazim
To: libbitcoin
Subject: [Libbitcoin] Some questions re BS v3
BS V3 setup and ran quite easily taking 2.5 days to sync on an Intel NUC5 i3 with M.2 SSD.

Some question:

1) Please define what a checkpoint is in your usage of the term  with BS.

2) When adjusting the configuration, do any changes require resetting the database and resyncing from block 0?

3) Initially, I used a 256GB M.2 SSD and when this filled up, I stopped BS, moved the database to a 2.5 SSD in a USB-3 case plugged into a USB-3 port. This configuration has run well in the past approaching the design speed of the SSD in other applications. Restarting BS, I observed a reduction in block processing speed. I then reinitialized the database and started BS from block 0. It ran very slow appearing to be 'throttled' achieving only about 2 % of the speed when using the M.2 SSD. It may be that there is some kind of resource management and limitations. Why is this?

Thanks for all the effort being placed into this project. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Perazim