:: Re: [DNG] Compiling Firefox on Devu…
Author: Chandler Wise
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Compiling Firefox on Devuan (was: Re: FF pulseaudio hard dependency is here)
On 03/13/2017 1:27 PM, devuan.2@??? wrote:

> This doesn't work on Devuan because Python's
> platform.linux_distribution() is returning a blank stare. Anyone know
> why this is? No idea yet where Python is getting these values...

>From what I can tell, the issue is that platform.linux_distribution()

checks /etc/debian_version to get the version of the OS. In order to get it
to properly return the version it seems either the python source will have
to be patched to check for /etc/devuan_version instead OR use something
like: "platform.linux_distribution(supported_dists=('devuan'))" instead,
which does give the proper values for the system.